Friday 2 April 2010

About My Blog

Chiang Mai is situated in the north of Thailand and is surrounded by mountains. Chiang Mai has many opportunites. From nice sedate tours on coaches to see the temples, to down hill mountain biking or enduro riding which I myself enjoy. (Albeit on the baby slopes). Chiang Mai, well Thailand as a whole has a great reputation for its food and people...I have always enjoyed food so I am blessed to live in a country where the locals love to cook. The people are great as long as you take the time to understand their ways and show a little respect.
But as an Englishman passionate about my fishing there is one thing that keeps me going and that is my Angling. As a boy I started at the age of six, I went with my dad but we never caught much more than a gudgeon or two. Which didn't impress me too much. Then we started going with my granddad and we we catching perch and roach all day long... He had his split cane rod and I had my ten pounds one from Argos a real cheapy.

From then on I fished as often as I could walking the mile to river nearly every day to fish for an hour or two after school. As I grew I fished the match scene with varying success, Just as I was getting good the usual problems of drink and ladies got in the way for a few years till I eventually rekindled my love by packing my bags and heading of to the Ebro in spain with a one way ticket and far too much equipment to carry with my good friend Frank.... This was many years ago now long before the crowds and the big fishing tour trips of guaranteed 100 pounders.. It was real adventure. This gave me the buzz for traveling and from then on I always traveled with a fishing rod or at least some line and hooks.... maybe as this blog continues I may find the time to tell my fishy tales and the adventures that led to them, not necessarily for you, but just for my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment